Friday, November 20, 2009

CFG-ERR-0101 Unable to register Cognos 8 service. Execution of the external process returns an error code value of '2'.

Error

CFG-ERR-0101 Unable to register Cognos 8 service. Execution of the external process returns an error code value of '2'.

Description
When I am trying to install and configure Cognos8.4 I got the above error on XP machine.My installation was successful but while starting the cognos configuration I got the above error.

Solution
The error is raised because of the prevention of registering a cognos service by Mcafee antivirus.I fixed the problem by stoping the Mcafee then configured cognos succefully then restarted Mcafee .Later i added cognos in Mcafee exception list.You can fix it by just adding cognos in the exception list

No comments:

Post a Comment